Skip to main content

THE BEVERLY HILLBILLIEIS

 I'm watching this show I grew up watching - and boy do I see the brainwashing I got as a kid.  My grandmother was literally from a house that had a dirt floor.  I have pictures of my father in his crib with this dirt floor in their house from the country area of Oklahoma.  It was a big deal with my grandparents - the push to stop being "country" and "go to the big city".  This clash was made into comedy when re-watching "The Beverly Hillbillies".  I especially love how when Grannie would use natural remedies - the laugh tracks kick in!  I don't care how old you are, if you want to see the way my generation was programmed to view things "natural" or "from the farm" - you should watch these reruns!  Better yet - the "city women" were portrayed as the sexy, glamours ones in this show.  The messages were clear - those from the farm were ignorant and funny, while the mercenary banker, his spinster secretary, (Jane Hathway, the spinster was clearly a lesbian portrayed to just be a plain, lonely woman not good enough for men - and oh how awful they made her appear to be because she wasn't pretty like Ellie Mae), and all those "city slickers" were the hip, cool, smart ones! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OUR PITCH LETTER TO SALON MAGAZINE

  I am addressing this email to each of you because I'm not sure under which category my proposal would fit best under - so I thought I'd run this by each of you.   I don't know if any of you have heard anything about a subject that's been happening in NY for a bit now with respect to prostitution and the idea of decriminalization and/or the lack of prosecution of women caught engaging in prostitution - but I think the time has come for me to weigh in on the subject a bit because I frankly don't know of anyone alive right now who has had more first hand experience, knowledge, and also data behind this subject than myself right now.  You see, I was a very high level madam in Los Angeles in the 1970's and 80's.  When I was arrested in 1984, the media dubbed me "The High Tech Madam" (www.hightechmadam.online), because of a warehouse they had been told by the police was a "brothel" I was running and the strangeness of it being ...

MY BELIEFS ABOUT MEAT CONSUMPTION FOR ME

When I got clean back in 1985, I swore I wanted to break all cycles of abuse that had been passed down generationally  through my family.  I believe plants are just as alive and conscious as animals - and to get food just requires a sacrifice of some kind to get something in your body that's chemical, hormone, etc., free.  I have native American blood, and I've tried a meat free diet, and I get anemic literally and weak.  In fact, I do the best on a paleo or even a keto diet.  However, my daughter and I can "feel" the bad vibes even on products that are tested on animals.  So we will not buy any products (knowingly anyway - these companies are very tricky in their packaging, but we "feel" it anyway) that test on animals.   I give a monthly tithe to a nonprofit " Beagle Freedom Project ", and they have a list of companies that test, and don't test on animals you can find here Thanks to Joaquin Phoenix, I learned that pigs being taken in hot truc...